Lake Michigan Weddings | Jamie May Photography
By Jamie May Photography : Lake Michigan Weddings | Jamie May Photography
Another beautiful wedding in the books! Brian and Emilie are such a sweet couple! Their family and friends were so happy and smiley, too! Everyone welcomed us and made us feel a part of the family. They decided to have their wedding at Bilmar Restaurant in Grand Haven on the beach. This is a quaint reception site with beautiful views.
I love the smiles that crossed Emilie and Brian’s face, the first time he saw her in her dress, and Emilie was glowing. There were a lot of tears of joy for these two. I feel so honored to have been a part of this wedding. They also used one of my favorite cake venues, Grand Finale out of Grand Haven. Wishing you many more years!!! x0x0x0x Click here to learn more pricing information
Having your wedding on the beach
- The weather can be challenging on the beach. You can have it be very hot with no escape. I have seen brides have a cooler with water bottles, sunscreen with their name and date, or fans for the beach
- Lighting is challenging and you can never be there at the perfect lighting. I would make sure you hire a experienced photographer at the beach. I have been photographing for many years and this is by far, the hardest place to take pictures. You do not want a novice.
- Redi-Rental has chairs that are considerable cheaper. One time we were in a bind and they provided the chairs in 15 minutes time. It was pretty cool.
- No shoes. It’s a beach wedding. Have a sign that says, leave shoes here!
- Be prepared for wind. It may be a good idea to wear your hair up at the beach.